Sunday, April 26, 2020

Maggi Hot Cup Kari with Milo

This time I'll be talking about the Maggi Curry noodles, but with a little something extra.

Maggi Curry in cup form!

This is the something extra. 

So, it started when a local petrol station was advertising (on Facebook) cheap snacks from their stores that go together, and Maggi Hot Cup Kari with Kit-Kat chocolate was one of the combinations they recommended. While people were puzzled about it in the comments, I remembered that Maggi Curry with Milo used to be a thing, so I went ahead and made one for myself to try.

The Milo powder was already opened and put in a separate container.

I used a spoonful of the plain powdered Milo... (NOT the 3-in-1 Milo sachet you see up there.)

Plop!

I added it to the uncooked Maggi instant noodles...

Looks really nice and colourful~

...Then I added in the Maggi Hot Cup Kari seasonings. Pour in hot water to cook the noodles...

A few minutes later...

And it's done! I poured in a little more hot water than usual to accommodate the extra (Milo) seasonings. The soup looks a little more brown compared to the usual red curry colour. So how does it taste?

It's actually not bad! I don't taste much (if any) of the Milo in it. More than anything, I feel like the Milo enhanced the spiciness of the Maggi Curry! Normally Maggi Curry is not something I would say is "very" spicy, but the spiciness of this combination is enough to make me pause for a bit instead of eating it in one go. (And it's spicy enough to make my nose runny halfway through the meal.)

Then again, I don't often eat plain Maggi Curry noodles (I like the Goreng Cili Fiesta more) so I wouldn't know if they had made it spicier and I mistakenly thought it was the Milo doing its magic. But, there is an extra depth of flavour to the noodles and I kinda enjoy it.


To anyone who may have trouble accepting this kind of noodle combination, I say give it a try! There exists stuff like spicy hot chocolate and Japanese curry enhanced with chocolate, so this kind of combination is not too unusual.

Well, in any case, I'll be eating my Maggi Curry noodles like this from now on! (Or until the Milo powder runs out.)

1 comment:

Indian Food Online Cartloot said...

Try your Instant maggi pazzta cheesy tomato . Pazzta is made of Semolina / Rawa/ suji which is healthy for all.

You can try Instant maggi pazzta cheesy tomato twist. Pazzta is made of Semolina / Rawa/ suji which is healthy for all.

Try Red Label Tea, a healthy beverage as your morning tea, which also aid your immunity. red label tea has the proper caffeine content.