Friday, April 10, 2020

Elevating a cheese snack

This blog post is way overdue, as evident by the expiry date on the packet of cheese.

I bought this cheese snack (last year) from a supermarket in Japan because: 1) I love cheese; and 2) Cheese snacks (that are not sliced cheese) are expensive as heck back home. 

(Also, smoked cheese! Because it's got more flavour, right?)

Hmm.. tastes like smoked processed cheese.

I'm guessing this cheese snack was meant as a beer snack, but since I'm not a fan of beer, I planned to just eat the cheese on its own. However, the plain cheese was kinda boring, so I have an idea to mix it with something spicy.

A souvenir from Thailand!

This dried chilli snack is mixed with black and white sesame seeds, and it's quite nice. On its own this dried chilli snack is pretty spicy, but with the cheese, the spiciness should be mellowed out a bit.

Pour some onto the cheese snack...

Heheh, looks like sushi.

Alright, it tastes more exciting! Tasty, but... it still feels like it's missing something...

...

...

......!

Honey!

Squeeze all over!

Honey goes great with cheese! That sweetness is what I was missing from this snack!


Oh yess, this is the ultimate balance of flavour! Sweet, savoury/salty, and spicy! This is going to make grilled cheese sandwiches in the future more exciting!


Well, that was a nice snack to have. In the end it turned out the amount of cheese in the packet was just right. I was beginning to feel a little full after this snack.


No comments: