Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Maggi Cup Mi Goreng - A Funny Story

So I have a funny food story, and it involves the Maggi Letup Goreng Kari Berasap (which, sadly, has been discontinued), and the Maggi Hot Cup Goreng Cili Fiesta (which thankfully, still exists).

Why do my favourite flavours keep disappearing...?

So, before these cup noodles came about, making cup noodles have been a fairly straightforward process. You add the powdered flavouring into the cup, add boiling water, wait a few minutes, and the noodles are ready to eat!

So it never occurred to me to read the instructions of these goreng cup noodles when they were released.




So, for a while I ate these cup noodles like I normally did, with a soup base. Then one day I decided to look at the cooking instructions and it turned out, these were meant to be dry noodles!

I was supposed to cook the noodles only with hot water, wait a few minutes, drain the water, and then add the flavouring powder and sauces! But the funny thing is, even when I ate these cup noodles in their soupy form, they were still tasty, so I did not suspect anything was amiss!

Well, once I tasted these cup noodles in their dry form, they tasted even better! I like to add a half-boiled egg (and paprika) to these noodles to make it a slightly more wholesome meal.

Sadly, I did not get a chance to review the Goreng Kari Berasap flavour, because that's another one of my favourites. (It's spicier than the Chili Fiesta, with a smoky flavour.) At least the Cili Fiesta flavour is still around. (Pls don't take away this flavour, Nestle, please???)

Since then I've been exposed to more "dry" instant noodles like the Samyang Hot Chicken Ramen and Mamee Daebak, so I know what to look out for the next time I discover a new instant noodle.

No comments: