Monday, April 20, 2020

Cup Noodle Review: Maggi Hot Cup - Goreng Cili Fiesta

Since I posted that funny story of those Maggi Cup Mi Goreng, I might as well make a review of my favourite (available) local cup noodle.


Here it is before I opened it.

So, like it was mentioned in the funny story, this is a dry noodle so I had the noodles cook in hot water for a few minutes, drained the water, and then added the accompanying flavouring packets and sauces/oil.

Add the flavourings...

...And mix well!

You can eat it straight away, but I usually add a soft-boiled egg (and paprika) to the noodles to give it a bit more body. (The noodles do not come with any meat or veggies.)

Heh, the egg looks like a person with a towel wrapped around their head.

The Chilli Fiesta flavour has a certain sweetness and mellowness to it that I like. And it's also spicy, but not too spicy. With a soft-boiled egg, there's the added bonus of coating the noodles with the yolk, one of my favourite things about adding soft-boiled eggs to noodles. Me likes.


If there's any complaint, it would be how hard it is to squeeze the sauce/oil out of the packet onto the noodles, but the taste is worth it. These noodles are one of my go-to comfort foods. I say give it a try when you get your hands on one. :D


Update (2022):
NOOOOO, THEY DISCONTINUED IT!! WHY!? MY COMFORT FOOD!

RIP...


No comments: